The architecture shows strong French influence and makes Dalat a showpiece for Vietnam. Be careful at the markets, I do remember a huge rat running around on some of the food items I was thinking about buying. But Dalat is definitely worth visiting, you will not be disappointed.
How many days should I spend in Dalat?
I recommend spending at least three full days in Dalat. If you enjoy cafes and cool weather—and especially if you’re at that point in your trip where you need to chill out for a bit—Dalat is a great place to relax.
What is the best time to visit Dalat Vietnam?
Best Time to Come to Da Lat
The best time to visit Da Lat is between December and March when you can see its famous flower gardens in full bloom. Temperatures at this time of the year are ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, and walking.
What is the best area to stay in Dalat?
- Where to Stay in Da Lat.
- Da Lat Neighborhood Guide.
- 5 Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Da Lat.
- #1 City Centre – Best Place to Stay in Da Lat for Your First Time.
- #2 Mai Anh Dao – Best Place to Stay in Da Lat on a Budget.
- #3 Phuong 3 – Best Place to Stay In Da Lat for Nightlife.
What can you buy in Dalat Vietnam?
Best Souvenirs from Dalat
- Khoai Sấy Giòn. One of the great snacks around Dalat that travelers from Saigon usually bring as a gift from the city, is khoai sấy giòn, sweet-potato chips. …
- Fruit Jam. …
- Infusions. …
- Wine. …
- Weasel Coffee. …
- Silk Embroidery. …
- Áo Dài & Fashion. …
- Traditional & Ethnic Handicrafts.
What is Dalat known for?
Da Lat is famous for its wide variety of flowers, vegetables and fruit from its surrounding farmlands as well as countless nature sites; its beautiful landscape, evergreen forests and minority villages.
How do you travel around Dalat?
- Bicycle. Cycling is a great way of staying active while you’re on holiday. …
- Bus. Travelling by bus is a cost-friendly way of exploring the sights outside Da Lat City Centre. …
- Taxi. Taxis are the most convenient way to travel between the airport and downtown Da Lat. …
- Car. …
Is Dalat safe?
Crime rates in Da Lat, Vietnam
|Level of crime||33.33||Low|
|Crime increasing in the past 3 years||60.00||High|
|Worries home broken and things stolen||41.67||Moderate|
|Worries being mugged or robbed||37.50||Low|
|Worries car stolen||41.67||Moderate|
Does it snow in Dalat Vietnam?
At the beginning of spring, the weather in Dalat has a quite low temperature, which is from 12 – 15 degrees Celsius. … Some specific features of this season are cold weather, fog and snow flower fields. Although it’s not as rainy as in previous months, January is still the coldest month in the year in Dalat.
What can you buy at Dalat night market?
You find shirts, pants, shorts, shoes, socks and a lot more. Because Dalat is located in the highlands, it also has a cooler climate compared with Ho Chi Minh City for example. So in contrary to many other markets, you can also find a lot of warmer clothes here, like jackets, gloves, woolen caps and scarves.