My answer is yes, it is worth visiting Hanoi. The second thing is the energetic vibe at night. When the sun is down, locals and expats flow into the streets. … Clubs and bars are located most on Ta Hien, Luong Ngoc Quyen street and nearby streets in the Old Quarter area.
How many days should I spend in Hanoi?
You could easily spend a week in Hanoi and Halong bay without feeling bored. However, for most people with limited time, a few days would be good. For example, a 3 days in Hanoi and 2 days in Halong bay itinerary would cover most of both destinations.
Is Hanoi safe for tourists?
Hanoi is generally a safe city. Violent crime is rare, but lately, robberies, assaults, and harassments started occurring, often involving weapons. However, the most common risk for tourists remains petty crime such as pickpocketing, purse snatching, and valuables theft, usually not involving violence of any kind.
Is it better to visit Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
Why to choose Ho Chi Minh City over Hanoi
There are more things happening and it has superior better infrastructure for tourists. It’s more Westernized and boasts a wider range of options for eating out, shopping and partying late.
What should I not miss in Hanoi?
16 Things to Do in Hanoi That You Can’t Miss [Updated]
- 1.1 Visit the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long.
- 1.2 Attend a Cooking Class.
- 1.3 Go on a Free Walking Tour.
- 1.4 Watch a Water Puppet Theatre Performance.
- 1.5 Food Trip Around Hanoi.
- 1.6 Sightsee Around the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.
- 1.7 Bike or Walk Around the Hoan Kiem Lake.
- 1.8 Soak Up Some Culture in the Hanoi Opera House.
20 янв. 2021 г.
Is Hanoi safe at night?
As with many foreign countries you may travel, be aware that during nighttime is when most crimes are committed, especially against tourists. … Whenever you plan to take a trip through the city of Hanoi at night, be sure to do so only if you are with a group. This should help ward off potential criminals and pickpockets.
What is the best area to stay in Hanoi?
Look no further than the Old Quarter, especially on a weekend. That is where all the action is. Best hotel to stay in Hanoi Old Quarter: Impressive Hotel, possibly in one the quietest street of the city, right next to the Cathedral, metres from the centre of the action.
What should I avoid in Vietnam?
So keep a lookout for the following tricks during your stay in lovely Vietnam.
- Money switch. It’s usually motorbike taxi drivers that try this one. …
- The groin grab. This one preys on men in touristy areas. …
- Fake taxis. …
- Fake travel companies. …
- The two-shine. …
- A fine bag of tea. …
- The coconut photo shoot. …
- Bait-and-switch massage.
7 нояб. 2017 г.
Is Vietnam cheaper than Thailand?
A week in Vietnam can cost you about $285 (per person), while a week in Thailand may cost you around $495. … When comparing food in Thailand vs. Vietnam they are not just different in cuisine, but also in price. Meal and restaurant costs in Thailand ($16) are often cheaper than Vietnam ($9.54).
Is Hanoi poor?
Vietnam has one of the highest urbanisation rate in Southeast Asia. Since 1990, it has managed to reduce its poverty rate drastically, lifting millions of people out of poverty. poverty is emerging in Hanoi. …
What is the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
The Most Beautiful Cities in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City – Busy but Romantic. …
- Da Nang City – Clear and Relaxing. …
- Hoi An – Ancient and Elevating. …
- Tuy Hoa – Friendly and Shiny. …
- Da Lat – Peaceful and Poetic.
15 авг. 2016 г.
Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Vietnam?
Rinsing or brushing your teeth with tap water in Vietnam is fine, as long as you don’t swallow a significant amount of it. In the rural areas, maybe no. If you have bottled water or boiled water available, use them.
What is the best month to go to Hanoi?
Autumn (around September to November) and Spring (March and April) are two best seasons to visit Hanoi when the weather is pleasant with milder temperatures. In winter, Hanoi is quite cold when the temperatures can fall below 10ºC (50ºF) and getting hotter in the summer averaging around 28-35ºC (82º-95ºF).
What food is Hanoi famous for?
Since a trip to Hanoi is not complete without sampling its traditional delicacies, here’s a list of the top must-try foods in Hanoi.
- Cha Ca (Turmeric Fish with Dill)
- Mien Xao Luon (Glass Noodles with Deep-Fried Eel)
- Bun Thang (Rice Vermicelli with Chicken, Egg, Pork)
- Banh cuon (Rolled Cake)
- Banh Goi (Fried Dumplings)
Why is Hanoi famous?
A great place to explore on foot, this French-colonial city is also known for its delectable cuisine, vibrant nightlife, silks and handicrafts, as well as a multi-cultural community that’s made up of Chinese, French and Russian influences.
What is there to do in Hanoi at night?
Top 10 Things To Do in Hanoi at Night
- Stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake. Bridge, Buddhist Temple, Park. …
- A mellow evening at Binh Minh Jazz Club. …
- Watch a water puppet show. …
- Chug beer at the Bia Hoi Junction. …
- Dine at West Lake. …
- Dance the night away at HERO Club. …
- Shopping at the Hanoi Night Market. …
- Visit the Quảng Bá Flower Market.