Choose items like knee-length shorts, long skirts and tops with sleeves and modest necklines, which are also ideal for wearing in Cambodian temples. Also, Northern Vietnam can be chilly, so if traveling there, bring a coat, shoes and long pants.
What do you wear in Vietnam and Cambodia?
Packing list for Vietnam
- Loose, breathable clothing that covers your knees and shoulders. …
- Swim shorts or bathing suit.
- A sarong.
- Light jacket or fleece.
- A hoodie plus warm layers are recommended for the evening during cooler months (especially if travelling to Northern Vietnam)
What should I pack for Vietnam in March?
Vietnam packing list for men
- 3-5 pairs of socks.
- 4-7 pairs of underwear.
- 3-5 assorted tops (tees/light long sleeve/tank tops)
- 1 athletic outfit (for workout or hiking)
- 2 pairs of travel pants.
- 1 cardigan/sweatshirt.
- 1 rain jacket.
- 1 swimsuit that can double as shorts.
What should you not wear in Vietnam?
Vietnam is a conservative country, so it’s important to dress conservatively while traveling around the country. The dress code is a little more relaxed in major cities, but don’t wear short-shorts, low-cut tops or revealling dresses to the local fish market.
What should you not wear in Cambodia?
Shoulders must be covered and shorts are frowned upon. Lightweight long skirts and light-colored, loose, and long-sleeved blouses are good. There is plenty of shopping to be found in Cambodia. You’ll find tons of t-shirts, loose pants, dresses and more, so leave room in your suitcase and don’t forget your swimsuit.
What can you buy with 1 dollar in Vietnam?
Vietnam: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 day of bicycle rental.
- 2 Vietnamese coffees with sweet condensed milk.
- 15 minutes of air time on a Mobifone sim card.
- 1 bowl of pho bo.
- 1 small load of laundry.
- 250 grams of candied ginger.
- 1 Chinese lantern made of bamboo and fabric.
- 40 quail eggs.
24 нояб. 2010 г.
How much money do you need a day in Vietnam?
For a more comfortable backpacker experience in Vietnam, it’s best to budget around $50 per day. This way, you’ll have more money to spend on things like food, drinks, activities and hotel rooms. For a comfortable mid-range experience in Vietnam, it’s best to budget $60 to $100 per day for your entire costs.
Can I brush my teeth with tap water in Vietnam?
Brushing Your Teeth With Tap Water in Vietnam
For extended stays, brushing your teeth with tap water is said to be a good way to get used to the local bacterial fauna. Many tourists brush their teeth with tap water successfully without getting sick.
Do I tip in Vietnam?
Generally, tipping is not expected in Vietnam, but is very much appreciated. Many Vietnam workers do not earn much money and always appreciate the extra money to be made in tips. The official currency in Vietnam is the Vietnam dong (d).
What you should not do in Vietnam?
8 Things Not To Do In Vietnam
- #1: Unaware of Vietnamese Table Manners.
- #2: Unacceptable Public Behaviors In Vietnam.
- #3: Unaware Of Religions.
- #4: Disrespect To National Heros.
- #5: Cross The Street Without Paying Attention.
- #6: Neglect Your Personal Belongings While On The Streets.
- #7: Get On A Random Taxi or Motorbike.
- #8: Skip On Street Food.
15 июн. 2019 г.
What is considered rude in Vietnam?
Palm down when you call someone over
The usual gesture to call people over — open hand, palm up — is considered rude in Vietnam. It’s how people call for dogs here. To show respect, point your palm face down instead. And you also shouldn’t call someone over when they’re older than you.
What is the famous food in Vietnam?
Pho might be Vietnam’s most famous dish but bun cha is the top choice when it comes to lunchtime in the capital. Just look for the clouds of meaty smoke after 11 a.m. when street-side restaurants start grilling up small patties of seasoned pork and slices of marinated pork belly over a charcoal fire.
Are clothes cheap in Vietnam?
Vietnam is famous for cheap tailored clothing, making it such a great alternative to clothes shopping. The price depends greatly on the quality.
Do and don’ts in Cambodia?
Local men typically wear collared, short-sleeved shirts and long pants. Although wearing shorts and a T-shirt is fine for tourists, you should try not to cause locals to feel embarrassed by your attire. Avoid short shorts, miniskirts, tight yoga pants, or other clothing that is too revealing.
What should you not do in Cambodia?
13 Things Not To Do In Cambodia
- Avoid Carrying Single Currency.
- Don’t Go For Elephant Rides.
- Avoid Drinking Tap Water.
- Avoid Feeding Or Giving Money To The Beggars.
- Do Not Disrespect Monks.
- Don’t Take Your Skin For Granted.
- Don’t Rely Totally On Internet.
- Strolling Casually Into The Temples Isn’t Allowed.
14 мар. 2019 г.
What is the best currency to take to Cambodia?
Currency. Cambodian Riel (KHR) and United States Dollar (USD). The riel is their national currency, however, USD is widely accepted and generally preferred. This often means you will get your change in both USD and riel, which can be rielly confusing.