The Vietnamese culture is one of the oldest in Southeast Asia and is heavily influenced by the Chinese culture. … Despite the changes over the years, some elements of the Vietnamese culture like the veneration of the ancestors, respect for family values, devotion to study, etc., remained intact.
What are Vietnamese values?
Vietnamese cultural values emphasize the importance of family and community. Its core values, which embrace the principles of Confucianism, are harmony, duty, honor, respect, education and allegiance to the family.
Do and don’ts in Vietnam culture?
Dress conservatively by covering your limbs. Don’t sit with your feet pointing towards a family altar if you are staying in someone’s house. Don’t take pictures of anything to do with the military, this can be considered a breach of national security and you don’t want to see the inside of a Vietnamese jail.
What is the cultural icons of Vietnam?
Like the rice, lotus is also one of unofficial symbols of Vietnam culture. Besides, Vietnam retains many unique and meaningful cultural symbols, such as “non la” (Vietnamese conical leaf hat), “Chim Lac” (a kind of bird only found in legend), buffalo, dragon, unicorn, tortoise, phoenix…
How do you show respect in Vietnamese culture?
Meeting and Greeting
- The Vietnamese generally shake hands both when greeting and when saying good-bye. Shake with both hands, and bow your head slightly to show respect. …
- When greeting someone, say “xin chao” (seen chow) + given name + title.
What is considered rude in Vietnam?
Palm down when you call someone over
The usual gesture to call people over — open hand, palm up — is considered rude in Vietnam. It’s how people call for dogs here. To show respect, point your palm face down instead. And you also shouldn’t call someone over when they’re older than you.
What are 3 interesting facts about Vietnam?
Here are 15 fun and interesting facts about Vietnam that you probably didn’t know!
- Vietnamese cuisine is considered amongst the healthiest in the world. …
- They have half-hatched eggs for breakfast. …
- Vietnam is the world’s leading exporter of cashew nuts and black pepper. …
- They eat what most Westerners consider pets – dog meat.
28 авг. 2017 г.
What should you not wear in Vietnam?
What Not to Wear in Vietnam. When traveling to Vietnam, you may want to leave your jeans and denim shorts at home. … Keep in mind, too, that Vietnamese people dress conservatively. Women and men wear long pants and short- or long-sleeved tops, for the most part, and visitors should do the same, despite the heat.
What you should not do in Vietnam?
8 Things Not To Do In Vietnam
- #1: Unaware of Vietnamese Table Manners.
- #2: Unacceptable Public Behaviors In Vietnam.
- #3: Unaware Of Religions.
- #4: Disrespect To National Heros.
- #5: Cross The Street Without Paying Attention.
- #6: Neglect Your Personal Belongings While On The Streets.
- #7: Get On A Random Taxi or Motorbike.
- #8: Skip On Street Food.
15 июн. 2019 г.
What are the customs and traditions of Vietnam?
In popular Vietnamese culture, the animistic folk religions were melded with, rather than supplanted by religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism or Christianism.
What is unique about Vietnamese culture?
Some elements generally considered to be characteristic of Vietnamese culture include ancestor veneration, respect for community & family, manual labour and living in harmony with the natural environment.
What does the dragon symbolize in Vietnamese culture?
To Vietnamese people, the dragon brings rain, essential for agriculture. It represents the emperor, the prosperity and power of the nation. Like the Chinese dragon, the Vietnamese dragon is the symbol of yang, representing the universe, life, existence, and growth.
How can I impress a Vietnamese girl?
You can attract a Vietnamese woman through the following ways:
- Being Confident But Not Arrogant.
- Be a Gentlemen.
- Learn How to Flirt.
- Being Financially sound.
- Having good style and fashion sense.
- Lose the Gut.
- Having Social Proof.
10 авг. 2019 г.
What is a good gift for Vietnamese?
8 Ideal Gift Ideas from Vietnam & Cambodia
- Vietnamese Coffee Filter. Ahh… …
- Stunning Cambodian Coconut Bowls. These brightly colored coconut bowls won’t fail to brighten up your friend’s kitchen! …
- Vietnamese Jade. …
- Cambodian Handmade Beauty Products. …
- Vietnamese Cinnamon Box. …
- Hand-Painted Art from Cambodia. …
- Vietnamese Incense. …
- Rice Wine.
How do you know if a Vietnamese girl likes you?
7 Signs How To Tell If A Vietnamese Woman Likes You
- Meeting her family. If she wants you to meet her family, she is probably into you. …
- She wants you to know her culture. …
- She talks a lot. …
- She asks many questions. …
- She keeps the conversation going. …
- She maintains eye contact. …
- She asks if you have a girlfriend. …
- Final words.
15 окт. 2019 г.