The french people living in Vietnam were known as colons. Because they were establishing colonial rule over Vietnamese people like Vietnam was their own colony. The French people ,who were living in Vietnam, were called Colons in vientem. The elite Vietnamese were very influenced by the Chinese culture.
Who were called colons in Vietnam?
The French citizens living in Vietnam were called Colons.
Who was known as colons?
The French people who lived in Vietnam were called or known as ‘colons’. The French people who settled in Vietnam to work as teachers, shopkeepers, policemen etc. were called colons.
What do you understand by colons in history?
History. The word colon comes from the Greek term kōlon, meaning a part of a verse or clause, or more literally, part of a limb, particularly a leg. … The dots, aligned with the middle, bottom, or top of each line, represented what today would be a colon, comma, and period, respectively.
What are some examples of colons?
Colons in Sentences
- There are two choices at this time: run away or fight.
- We knew who would win the game: the Eagles.
- He wanted to see three cities in Italy: Rome, Florence, and Venice.
- Here are three states that begin with M: Michigan, Mississippi, and Maine.
What do colons mean?
2 plural colons. a : a punctuation mark : used chiefly to direct attention to matter (such as a list, explanation, quotation, or amplification) that follows.
Where do we use colons?
- To announce, introduce, or direct attention to a list, a noun or noun phrase, a quotation, or an example/explanation. You can use a colon to draw attention to many things in your writing. …
- To join sentences. …
- To express time, in titles, and as part of other writing conventions.
Are as follows Colon?
Although it’s not incorrect to use a period, a colon is conventionally used after “as follows… sentences instead of just one phrase or clause (6.63, “Lowercase or Capital Letter after a Colon”)….
Can you end a paragraph with a colon?
Typically, a colon appears to end a paragraph if it’s introducing a block quotation or a list (which actually continues the paragraph as a logical matter despite the change in typesetting). Your first sentence is a good introductory sentence and should just start the paragraph where you tell the milk-crate story.